Wrongful Death Attorneys in Joppa, IL
Contact our accident lawyers in Joppa, IL, now for a free consultation and case review.
Wrongful Death Attorneys in Joppa, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal representation to families that have suffered a wrongful death. There are a number of parties who can be sued for wrongful death, including businesses, insurance companies, and any negligent actor. It’s important for survivors to get in touch with a qualified attorney to see if you are owed compensation after an incident. Our Wrongful Death Attorneys will fight for your claim or go to trial. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay. Don’t hesitate to contact our Joppa, IL, wrongful death lawyers now for a case review.
There are various types of compensation you can get for a wrongful death settlement. Wrongful death cases are complicated, and if you’re looking to get justice you’re going to need a qualified lawyer. The Dixon Injury Firm has handled vehicle-related cases, nursing home negligence, firearm negligence, product liability, and other claims. All of these are linked to wrongful death lawsuits. Here, we’ve provided a few facts about wrongful death cases in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
- According to the CDC, there are more than 40,000 vehicle-related deaths every year.
- Designated beneficiaries (people who can sue for a wrongful death) include immediate family members, life partners, financial dependents, and parents of unmarried children.
- In some states, you may have as long as 2-3 years to file a wrongful death claim. Contact our Joppa, IL, wrongful death attorneys now to learn more about the statute of limitations.
- Unintentional injuries (falls, mostly), poisoning, car and truck accidents, and medical malpractice are the top causes of wrongful death.
- Reimbursement factors typically include medical bills, funeral expenses, counseling, loss of companionship, loss of income, and others.
Wrongful death claims are complex. There are different laws in Missouri and Illinois, multiple parties may be liable, and settlement amounts can change drastically. Survivors and family members may be able to collect millions of dollars depending on the claim.
Common Wrongful Death Cases
Our reputation is built on protecting the rights of our clients. Whether it’s a family that lost someone because of a distracted driver, a worker who was killed in a construction accident, or just an innocent bystander, it is important for our firm to provide quality legal counsel. Here are some of the most common types of wrongful death claims we manage:
- Car Accidents
- Criminal Acts
- Workplace Negligence
- Product Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Defective Drugs
- Truck Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
Finding legal representation as soon as possible is important if you want to win a wrongful death case. The Dixon Injury Firm’s Joppa, IL, wrongful death lawyers have won over $35 Million in case victories. Learn more about the Dixon Injury Firm’s wrongful death attorneys here.
A wrongful death claim can be used for funeral expenses, loss of companionship, support, counseling, and other damages. You may also be able to claim the cost of care leading up to the death based on a state’s minimum wage laws.
Medical malpractice wrongful death is particularly difficult. We will look into whether or not a physician had the right experience, if any decisions were ill-advised, and if the treatment facility was negligent in any way. Unintentional death on the job is another major concern for our Joppa, IL, wrongful death attorneys. Often, workplace fatalities are attributed to safety cutbacks and other hazards. If you’re a spouse, child, descendant, parent, or even a sibling or niece or nephew, you might be able to file a wrongful death case. Contact the Joppa, IL, wrongful death attorneys today to learn more about our free case reviews and consultations.
Damages for Wrongful Death Claims in Joppa, IL
Most states allow you to claim special and general damages. In regard to economic damages, the rule-of-thumb is to multiply any financial compensation (from hospital fees, burial costs, etc.) by 4 or 5. It is important for survivors to not rush large insurance companies or negligent parties with a demand letter. The Dixon Injury Firm’s Joppa, IL, wrongful death attorneys know how to approach insurers with a wrongful death claim and can help you send the right demand letter.
There are four things to consider in any wrongful death case to prove negligence:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you are supposed to yield at yield signs and deliver quality medical care.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign and killing a pedestrian.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a person’s breach of duty of care actually caused you (the survivor) harm. If you’re in an accident, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: To get reimbursement, you’re going to have to prove that you were financially harmed. This includes hospital bills, the inability to work, funeral expenses, loss of consortium, and other special and general damages.
There are lots of factors to consider, such as property damage, lost wages, loss of companionship, and any physical and mental distress felt by the victim before their death. Skim through our wrongful death FAQs to learn more about how wrongful death claims work. Here are some of the most common questions we’re asked about these lawsuits:
Knowing how to approach a wrongful death case before you file a claim is essential if you want to get the compensation you deserve for the loss of a loved one. The easy answer is to contact a wrongful death attorney in Joppa, IL, right away for support and legal representation.
We offer a range of legal representation for victims and their families in the Joppa area. Some of these include the following practice areas:
View a few of the Dixon Injury Firm’s results and recent cases and testimonials to learn more. A death in the family can cause financial difficulties for surviving family members, and it’s our job to help those families get the compensation they deserve.
Contact Wrongful Death Attorneys in Joppa, IL, Now
A lot goes into every claim, and as Joppa, IL, wrongful death attorneys, it’s our duty to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Our firm has your back. Reach out to our Joppa, IL, wrongful death lawyers now for more information. We offer free case reviews and consultations.