Wrongful Death Attorneys in Morse Hill, MO
Contact our accident lawyers in Morse Hill, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
Wrongful Death Attorneys in Morse Hill, MO. Our firm offers professional legal support to families that have suffered a wrongful death. There are a number of parties who can be sued for wrongful death, including businesses, insurance companies, and any negligent actor. It’s important for survivors to reach out to a qualified attorney to see if you are owed reimbursement after an accident. Our Wrongful Death Attorneys will fight for your claim or go to trial. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay. Feel free to contact our Morse Hill, MO, wrongful death lawyers now for more information.
There are various types of compensation you can receive for a wrongful death settlement. Wrongful death cases are complicated, and if you’re looking to get justice you’re going to need a qualified lawyer. The Dixon Injury Firm has handled car accident cases, premises liability, medical malpractice, truck crashes, and other claims. All of these can lead to a wrongful death lawsuit. Here, we’ve provided a few facts about wrongful death cases in Missouri and Illinois.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control, there are more than 40,000 auto-related deaths each year.
- Designated beneficiaries (those who can file a wrongful death claim) include immediate family members, life partners, financial dependents, and parents of unmarried children.
- In some states, you may have as long as 2-3 years to file a wrongful death claim. Contact our Morse Hill, MO, wrongful death attorneys now to learn more about the statute of limitations.
- Unintentional injuries (falls, mostly), poisoning, car and truck accidents, and medical malpractice are the top causes of wrongful death.
- Compensation factors usually include loss of income, loss of consortium, medical and funeral expenses, and others.
Wrongful death cases are complex. There are different laws in Missouri and Illinois, multiple parties can be liable, and settlement amounts can change drastically. Survivors and family members may be able to collect millions of dollars depending on the claim.
Common Wrongful Death Claims
It’s our job at the Dixon Injury Firm to protect your rights. Whether it’s an innocent bystander, an employee who was killed in an accident, or a family that lost someone due to negligence, it is important for our firm to provide quality legal representation. Here are some of the most common types of wrongful death cases our firm has managed in the past:
- Car Accidents
- Criminal Acts
- Workplace Negligence
- Product Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Defective Drugs
- Truck Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
Finding legal representation as soon as possible is important if you want to win a wrongful death case. Our Morse Hill, MO, wrongful death lawyers have won more than $35,000,000 in case victories. Learn more about the Dixon Injury Firm’s wrongful death attorneys here.
A wrongful death claim can be used for funeral expenses, loss of companionship, support, counseling, and other damages. You may also be able to claim the cost of care leading up to the death based on a state’s minimum wage laws.
Medical wrongful death is particularly difficult. Our firm will look into any drugs that were prescribed, the provider’s experience, and even any negligence on behalf of the medical facility. Unintentional death on the job is another major concern for our Morse Hill, MO, wrongful death attorneys. Often, work-related fatalities are attributed to safety cutbacks and other hazards. If you’re a spouse, child, descendant, parent, or even a sibling or niece or nephew, you might be able to file a wrongful death case. Contact the Morse Hill, MO, wrongful death attorneys now to learn more about our free case reviews and consultations.
Damages for Wrongful Death Claims in Morse Hill, MO
Most states allow you to claim special and general damages. In regard to economic damages, the typical is to multiply any financial compensation (from hospital fees, burial costs, etc.) by 4 or 5. It is important for survivors to not rush large insurance companies or negligent parties with a demand letter. The Dixon Injury Firm’s Morse Hill, MO, wrongful death attorneys have experience dealing with insurers and can help you send a demand letter that clearly outlines the claim.
There are a few common things to consider in any wrongful death case to prove negligence:
- Duty of Care: There’s a standard of responsibility in society. For example, you are supposed to stop at red lights and provide a safe work environment.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. A good example would be if an intoxicated driver failed their duty of care by blowing a stop sign and hitting a pedestrian.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a person’s breach of duty of care actually caused you (the survivor) harm. If you’re in a car accident, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: The concept behind compensation or punitive damages hinges on the fact that you’ve been affected financially. This includes medical expenses, lost time from work, funeral expenses, pain and suffering, and other damages.
We will consider medical expenses, mental and physical distress the victim felt prior to their death, property damages, lost wages, and pain and suffering for the survivors. View our wrongful death FAQs to learn more about how wrongful death claims work. Below, you can find some of the questions and answers for these types of cases:
. The easiest answer is to contact a wrongful death attorney in Morse Hill, MO, right away for legal counsel and support.
THe Dixon Injury Firm offers a range of legal counsel for victims in the Morse Hill area. These include the following practice areas:
View some of our firm’s results and recent cases and testimonials to learn more. A death in the family can cause serious financial repercussions for any number of people, and it is our goal to help those families get the compensation they deserve.
Contact Wrongful Death Attorneys in Morse Hill, MO, Now
A lot goes into every claim or case, and as Morse Hill, MO, wrongful death attorneys, it’s our duty to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. The Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Morse Hill, MO, wrongful death lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.