Wrongful Death Attorneys in New Haven, MO
Contact our accident lawyers in New Haven, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
Wrongful Death Attorneys in New Haven, MO. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal representation to families that have suffered a wrongful death. Insurers, businesses, and other negligent parties may be liable for a wrongful death. It’s important for survivors to get in touch with a qualified attorney to see if you’re owed reimbursement after an accident. The Dixon Injury Firm’s Wrongful Death Attorneys will fight for your claim or go to trial. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay. Don’t hesitate to contact our New Haven, MO, wrongful death lawyers today for a consultation.
There are lots of types of reimbursement you can receive for a wrongful death settlement. Wrongful death cases are complicated, and if you’re looking to get justice you’re going to need a qualified lawyer. The Dixon Injury Firm has handled car accident cases, premises liability, medical malpractice, truck crashes, and other claims. All of these are linked to wrongful death lawsuits. Here, we’ve provided a few facts about wrongful death cases in Missouri and Illinois.
- According to the CDC, there are over 40,000 vehicle-related deaths each year.
- Designated beneficiaries (those who can file a wrongful death claim) include family members, children, adoptees, domestic partners, and spouses.
- In some states, you may have as long as 2-3 years to file a wrongful death claim. Contact our New Haven, MO, wrongful death attorneys now to learn more about the statute of limitations.
- Poisoning, auto accidents, falls, and medical malpractice rank among the leading cause of wrongful death.
- Reimbursement factors usually include loss of income, loss of consortium, medical and funeral expenses, and others.
Wrongful death cases can get complicated very quickly. There are different laws in Missouri and Illinois, multiple parties may be liable, and settlement amounts can change drastically. Survivors and family members may be able to collect millions of dollars depending on the case.
Common Wrongful Death Cases
Our reputation is built on protecting the rights of our clients. Whether it’s a family that lost someone because of a distracted driver, a worker who was killed in a construction accident, or just an innocent bystander, it’s important for our firm to provide quality legal representation. Here are some of the most common types of wrongful death claims we’ve had experience handling:
- Car Accidents
- Criminal Acts
- Workplace Negligence
- Product Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Defective Drugs
- Truck Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
Getting a lawyer right away is essential for winning a wrongful death case. The Dixon Injury Firm’s New Haven, MO, wrongful death lawyers have won over $35,000,000 in settlements. Learn more about the Dixon Injury Firm’s wrongful death attorneys here.
A wrongful death claim can be used for funeral expenses, loss of companionship, support, counseling, and other damages. An overlooked damage includes loss of wages that may be equal to a certain percent of a state’s minimum wage.
Medical wrongful death is particularly challenging. We will look into whether or not a physician had the right experience, if any decisions were ill-advised, and if the treatment facility was negligent in any way. Unintentional death at the workplace is another major concern for our New Haven, MO, wrongful death attorneys. Often, work-related fatalities are attributed to safety cutbacks and other hazards. Parents, siblings, nieces and nephews, spouses, children, and other family members may be eligible to file a wrongful death claim. Contact the New Haven, MO, wrongful death attorneys now to learn more about our capabilities.
Damages for Wrongful Death Claims in New Haven, MO
You can claim both general and special damages for wrongful death in most states. In regard to economic damages, the rule-of-thumb is to multiply any financial compensation (from hospital fees, burial costs, etc.) by 4 or 5. It’s important for survivors to not rush insurers or negligent parties with a demand letter. The Dixon Injury Firm’s New Haven, MO, wrongful death attorneys have experience dealing with insurers and can help you send a demand letter that clearly outlines the claim.
There are four things to consider in any wrongful death case to prove negligence:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you’re supposed to stop at red lights and provide a safe work environment.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign and hitting a pedestrian.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a person’s breach of duty of care actually caused you (the survivor) harm. If you’re in a car accident, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: The concept behind compensation or punitive damages hinges on the fact that you’ve been affected financially. This includes medical expenses, lost time from work, funeral expenses, pain and suffering, and other damages.
There are lots of factors to consider, such as property damage, lost wages, loss of companionship, and any physical and mental distress felt by the victim before their death. Skim through our wrongful death FAQs to learn more about the claims process. Below, you can find some of the questions and answers for these types of cases:
Knowing how to approach a wrongful death case before you file a claim is essential if you want to get the compensation you deserve for the loss of a loved one. The easy answer is to contact a wrongful death attorney in New Haven, MO, right away for support and legal representation.
THe Dixon Injury Firm offers a range of legal counsel for victims in the New Haven area. Some of these include the following practice areas:
View a few of the Dixon Injury Firm’s results and recent cases and testimonials to learn more. A death in the family can cause financial difficulties for surviving family members, and it’s our goal to help those families get the compensation they deserve.
Contact Wrongful Death Attorneys in New Haven, MO, Now
There’s a lot that goes into every case, and as New Haven, MO, wrongful death attorneys, it’s our duty to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. The Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our New Haven, MO, wrongful death lawyers now to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.