Wrongful Death Attorneys in Rockwood, IL
Contact our accident lawyers in Rockwood, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Wrongful Death Attorneys in Rockwood, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers legal support to families that have suffered a wrongful death. Insurers, businesses, and other negligent parties may be liable for a wrongful death. It’s important for survivors to reach out to a qualified attorney to see if you are owed reimbursement after an accident. The Dixon Injury Firm’s Wrongful Death Attorneys will fight for your claim or go to trial. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay. Feel free to contact our Rockwood, IL, wrongful death lawyers now for a case review.
There are various types of reimbursement you can get for a wrongful death settlement. Wrongful death cases are complicated, and if you’re looking to get justice you’re going to need a qualified lawyer. The Dixon Injury Firm has handled car accident cases, premises liability, medical malpractice, truck crashes, and other claims. All of these are linked to wrongful death lawsuits. Here, we’ve provided a few facts about wrongful death cases in Missouri and Illinois.
- According to the CDC, there are over 40,000 auto-related fatalities every year.
- Designated beneficiaries (people who can sue for a wrongful death) include immediate family members, life partners, financial dependents, and parents of unmarried children.
- Different states have different time limits on filing a wrongful death claim (usually 2-3 years). Contact our Rockwood, IL, wrongful death attorneys now to learn more about the statute of limitations.
- Unintentional injuries (falls, mostly), poisoning, car and truck accidents, and medical malpractice are the top causes of wrongful death.
- Compensation factors usually include medical bills, funeral expenses, counseling, loss of companionship, loss of income, and others.
Wrongful death claims are complex. There are different laws in Missouri and Illinois, various parties can be liable, and settlement amounts can change drastically. Survivors and family members may be able to collect millions of dollars depending on the case.
Common Wrongful Death Claims
It’s our job at the Dixon Injury Firm to protect your rights. Whether it’s a family that lost someone because of a distracted driver, a worker who was killed in a construction accident, or just an innocent bystander, it is important for our firm to provide quality legal counsel. Here are some of the most common types of wrongful death cases we’ve had experience handling:
- Car Accidents
- Criminal Acts
- Workplace Negligence
- Product Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Defective Drugs
- Truck Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
Finding legal representation as soon as possible is important if you want to win a wrongful death case. Our Rockwood, IL, wrongful death lawyers have won over $35 Million in case victories. Learn more about the Dixon Injury Firm’s wrongful death attorneys here.
A wrongful death claim can be used for funeral expenses, loss of companionship, support, counseling, and other damages. An overlooked damage includes loss of wages that may be equal to a certain percent of a state’s minimum wage.
Medical malpractice wrongful death is particularly difficult. We will look into whether or not a physician had the right experience, if any decisions were ill-advised, and if the treatment facility was negligent in any way. Unintentional death on the job is another major concern for our Rockwood, IL, wrongful death attorneys. Often, workplace fatalities can be attributed to safety cutbacks and other hazards. Parents, siblings, nieces and nephews, spouses, children, and other family members may be eligible to file a wrongful death claim. Contact the Rockwood, IL, wrongful death attorneys now to learn more about our capabilities.
Damages for Wrongful Death Claims in Rockwood, IL
Most states allow you to claim special and general damages. Regarding economic damages, the typical is to multiply any financial compensation (from hospital fees, burial costs, etc.) by 4 or 5. It’s important for survivors to not rush insurers or negligent parties with a demand letter. Our Rockwood, IL, wrongful death attorneys know how to approach insurers with a wrongful death claim and can help you send the right demand letter.
There are a few common things to consider in any wrongful death case in order to prove negligence:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you’re supposed to stop at red lights and provide a safe work environment.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign and hitting a pedestrian.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a negligent party’s breach of duty of care actually caused you (the survivor) harm. If you’re in an accident, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: The concept behind compensation or punitive damages hinges on the fact that you’ve been affected financially. This includes hospital bills, the inability to work, funeral expenses, loss of consortium, and other special and general damages.
There are lots of factors to consider, such as property damage, lost wages, loss of companionship, and any physical and mental distress felt by the victim before their death. Read our wrongful death FAQs to learn more about the claims process. Below, you can find some of the questions and answers for these types of cases:
Knowing how to approach a wrongful death case before you file a claim is essential if you want to get the compensation you deserve for the loss of a loved one. The easy answer is to contact a wrongful death attorney in Rockwood, IL, right away for legal counsel and support.
We offer a range of legal representation for victims and their families in the Rockwood area. These include the following practice areas:
View a few of the Dixon Injury Firm’s results and recent cases and testimonials to learn more. A death in the family can cause serious financial repercussions for any number of people, and it’s our job to help those families get the compensation they deserve.
Contact Wrongful Death Attorneys in Rockwood, IL, Today
There’s a lot that goes into every claim, and as Rockwood, IL, wrongful death attorneys, it’s our duty to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Our firm has your back. Reach out to our Rockwood, IL, wrongful death lawyers now for more information. We offer free case reviews and consultations.