Wrongful Death Attorneys in Town and Country, MO
Contact our accident lawyers in Town and Country, MO, now for a free consultation and case review.
Wrongful Death Attorneys in Town and Country, MO. Our firm offers professional legal support to families that have suffered a wrongful death. There are a number of parties who can be sued for wrongful death, including businesses, insurance companies, and any negligent actor. It’s essential for survivors to reach out to a qualified attorney to see if you are owed reimbursement after an incident. Our Wrongful Death Attorneys will fight for your claim or go to trial. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay. Don’t hesitate to contact our Town and Country, MO, wrongful death lawyers now for more information.
There are lots of types of compensation you can receive for a wrongful death settlement. There are several factors that go into a wrongful death claim, which is why it’s so important to get experienced legal counsel. The Dixon Injury Firm has handled car accident cases, premises liability, medical malpractice, truck crashes, and other claims. All of these are linked to wrongful death lawsuits. Below, you can find a few facts about these types of cases in Missouri and Illinois.
- According to the CDC, there are more than 40,000 vehicle-related deaths each year.
- Designated beneficiaries (those who can file a wrongful death claim) include family members, children, adoptees, domestic partners, and spouses.
- In some states, you may have as long as 2-3 years to file a wrongful death claim. Contact our Town and Country, MO, wrongful death attorneys now to learn more about the statute of limitations.
- Poisoning, auto accidents, falls, and medical malpractice rank among the leading cause of wrongful death.
- Reimbursement factors usually include loss of income, loss of consortium, medical and funeral expenses, and others.
Wrongful death claims are complex. There are different laws in Missouri and Illinois, various parties may be liable, and settlement amounts can change drastically. Survivors and family members may be able to collect millions of dollars depending on the claim.
Common Wrongful Death Claims
Our reputation is built on protecting the rights of our clients. Whether it’s an innocent bystander, an employee who was killed in an accident, or a family that lost someone due to negligence, it is important to our firm to provide quality legal representation. Below are some of the most common types of wrongful death claims we’ve had experience handling:
- Car Accidents
- Criminal Acts
- Workplace Negligence
- Product Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Defective Drugs
- Truck Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
Finding legal representation as soon as possible is important if you want to win a wrongful death case. Our Town and Country, MO, wrongful death lawyers have won over $35,000,000 in case victories. Learn more about our wrongful death attorneys here.
A wrongful death claim can be used for funeral expenses, loss of companionship, support, counseling, and other damages. An overlooked damage includes loss of wages that may be equal to a certain percent of a state’s minimum wage.
Medical wrongful death is particularly challenging. We will look into whether or not a physician had the right experience, if any decisions were ill-advised, and if the treatment facility was negligent in any way. Unintentional death at the workplace is another major concern for our Town and Country, MO, wrongful death attorneys. Often, work-related fatalities can be attributed to safety cutbacks and other hazards. If you’re a spouse, child, descendant, parent, or even a sibling or niece or nephew, you might be able to file a wrongful death case. Contact the Town and Country, MO, wrongful death attorneys today to learn more about our free case reviews and consultations.
Damages for Wrongful Death Claims in Town and Country, MO
You can claim both general and special damages for wrongful death in most states. Regarding economic damages, the rule-of-thumb is to multiply any financial compensation (from hospital fees, burial costs, etc.) by 4 or 5. It’s important for survivors to not rush large insurance companies or negligent parties with a demand letter. Our Town and Country, MO, wrongful death attorneys have experience dealing with insurers and can help you send a demand letter that clearly outlines the claim.
There are a few common things to consider in any wrongful death case in order to prove negligence:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you’re supposed to stop at red lights and provide a safe work environment.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. A good example would be if an intoxicated driver failed their duty of care by blowing a stop sign and killing a pedestrian.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a person’s breach of duty of care actually caused you (the survivor) harm. If you’re in an accident, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: To get reimbursement, you’re going to have to prove that you were financially harmed. This includes medical expenses, lost time from work, funeral expenses, pain and suffering, and other damages.
There are lots of factors to consider, such as property damage, lost wages, loss of companionship, and any physical and mental distress felt by the victim before their death. Read our wrongful death FAQs to learn more about the claims process. Below, you can find some of the questions and answers for these types of cases:
It’s important to know your rights as a survivor and how to approach a case. The easy answer is to contact a wrongful death attorney in Town and Country, MO, right away for legal counsel and support.
We offer a range of legal counsel for victims and their families in the Town and Country area. These include the following practice areas:
View a few of the Dixon Injury Firm’s results and recent cases and testimonials to learn more. A death in the family can cause financial difficulties for surviving family members, and it is our goal to help those families get the compensation they deserve.
Contact Wrongful Death Attorneys in Town and Country, MO, Now
A lot goes into every case, and as Town and Country, MO, wrongful death attorneys, it’s our duty to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated. Our firm has your back. Reach out to our Town and Country, MO, wrongful death lawyers now to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.