Wrongful Death Attorneys in Troy, IL
Contact our accident lawyers in Troy, IL, now for a free consultation and case review.
Wrongful Death Attorneys in Troy, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers legal support to families that have suffered a wrongful death. Insurers, businesses, and other negligent parties may be liable for a wrongful death. It’s crucial for survivors to get in touch with a qualified attorney to see if you are owed reimbursement after an accident. The Dixon Injury Firm’s Wrongful Death Attorneys will fight for your claim or go to trial. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay. Don’t hesitate to contact our Troy, IL, wrongful death lawyers now for more information.
There are various types of reimbursement you can get for a wrongful death settlement. Wrongful death cases are complicated, and if you’re looking to get justice you’re going to need a qualified lawyer. The Dixon Injury Firm has handled vehicle-related cases, nursing home negligence, firearm negligence, product liability, and other claims. All of these can lead to a wrongful death lawsuit. Here, we’ve provided a few facts about wrongful death cases in Missouri and Illinois.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control, there are over 40,000 auto-related deaths every year.
- Designated beneficiaries (those who can file a wrongful death claim) include immediate family members, life partners, financial dependents, and parents of unmarried children.
- In some states, you may have as long as 2-3 years to file a wrongful death claim. Contact our Troy, IL, wrongful death attorneys now to learn more about the statute of limitations.
- Poisoning, auto accidents, falls, and medical malpractice rank among the leading cause of wrongful death.
- Compensation factors typically include loss of income, loss of consortium, medical and funeral expenses, and others.
Wrongful death claims are complex. There are different laws in Missouri and Illinois, various parties can be liable, and settlement amounts can change drastically. Survivors and family members may be able to collect millions of dollars depending on the claim.
Common Wrongful Death Claims
Our reputation is built on protecting the rights of our clients. Whether it’s a family that lost someone because of a distracted driver, a worker who was killed in a construction accident, or just an innocent bystander, it is important to our firm to provide quality legal representation. Below are some of the most common types of wrongful death claims we manage:
- Car Accidents
- Criminal Acts
- Workplace Negligence
- Product Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Defective Drugs
- Truck Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
Finding legal representation as soon as possible is important if you want to win a wrongful death case. The Dixon Injury Firm’s Troy, IL, wrongful death lawyers have won over $35 Million in case victories. Learn more about our wrongful death attorneys here.
Wrongful death damages may include funeral expenses, loss of companionship, support, counseling, and other damages. An overlooked damage includes loss of wages that may be equal to a certain percent of a state’s minimum wage.
Medical malpractice wrongful death is particularly challenging. We will look into whether or not a physician had the right experience, if any decisions were ill-advised, and if the treatment facility was negligent in any way. Unintentional death at the workplace is another major concern for our Troy, IL, wrongful death attorneys. Often, work-related fatalities are attributed to safety cutbacks and other hazards. Parents, siblings, nieces and nephews, spouses, children, and other family members may be eligible to file a wrongful death claim. Contact the Troy, IL, wrongful death attorneys today to learn more about our capabilities.
Damages for Wrongful Death Claims in Troy, IL
Most states allow you to claim special and general damages. In regard to economic damages, the typical is to multiply any financial compensation (from hospital fees, burial costs, etc.) by 4 or 5. It’s important for survivors to not rush insurers or negligent parties with a demand letter. Our Troy, IL, wrongful death attorneys know how to approach insurers with a wrongful death claim and can help you send the right demand letter.
There are a few common things to consider in any wrongful death case in order to prove negligence:
- Duty of Care: There’s a standard of responsibility in society. For example, you’re supposed to yield at yield signs and deliver quality medical care.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign and hitting a pedestrian.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a negligent party’s breach of duty of care actually caused you (the survivor) harm. If you’re in an accident, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: To get reimbursement, you’re going to have to prove that you were financially harmed. This includes medical expenses, lost time from work, funeral expenses, pain and suffering, and other damages.
There are lots of factors to consider, such as property damage, lost wages, loss of companionship, and any physical and mental distress felt by the victim before their death. Read our wrongful death FAQs to learn more about how wrongful death claims work. Here are some of the most common questions we’re asked about these lawsuits:
It’s important to know your rights as a survivor and how to approach a case. The easy answer is to contact a wrongful death attorney in Troy, IL, right away for support and legal representation.
We offer a range of legal representation for clients in the Troy area. Some of these include the following practice areas:
View some of our firm’s results and recent cases and testimonials to learn more. A death in the family can cause financial difficulties for surviving family members, and it is our goal to help those families get the compensation they deserve.
Contact Wrongful Death Attorneys in Troy, IL, Today
A lot goes into every claim, and as Troy, IL, wrongful death attorneys, it’s our duty to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. The Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Troy, IL, wrongful death lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.