Wrongful Death Attorneys in Worden, IL
Contact our accident lawyers in Worden, IL, now for a free consultation and case review.
Wrongful Death Attorneys in Worden, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers legal support to families that have suffered a wrongful death. Insurers, businesses, and other negligent parties may be liable for a wrongful death. It’s crucial for survivors to reach out to a qualified attorney to see if you are owed reimbursement after an incident. The Dixon Injury Firm’s Wrongful Death Attorneys will fight for your claim or go to trial. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay. Don’t hesitate to contact our Worden, IL, wrongful death lawyers today for a case review.
There are various types of compensation you can receive for a wrongful death settlement. There are several factors that go into a wrongful death claim, which is why it’s so important to get experienced legal counsel. The Dixon Injury Firm has handled vehicle-related cases, nursing home negligence, firearm negligence, product liability, and other claims. All of these are linked to wrongful death lawsuits. Here, we’ve provided a few facts about wrongful death cases in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
- According to the CDC, there are approximately 40,000 auto-related fatalities each year.
- Designated beneficiaries (those who can file a wrongful death claim) include immediate family members, life partners, financial dependents, and parents of unmarried children.
- In some states, you may have as long as 2-3 years to file a wrongful death claim. Contact our Worden, IL, wrongful death attorneys now to learn more about the statute of limitations.
- Poisoning, auto accidents, falls, and medical malpractice rank among the leading cause of wrongful death.
- Reimbursement factors usually include loss of income, loss of consortium, medical and funeral expenses, and others.
Wrongful death claims are complex. There are different laws in Missouri and Illinois, various parties can be liable, and settlement amounts can change drastically. Survivors and family members may be able to collect millions of dollars depending on the case.
Common Wrongful Death Claims
It’s our job at the Dixon Injury Firm to protect your rights. Whether it’s a family that lost someone because of a distracted driver, a worker who was killed in a construction accident, or just an innocent bystander, it is important for our firm to provide quality legal representation. Below are some of the most common types of wrongful death claims we manage:
- Car Accidents
- Criminal Acts
- Workplace Negligence
- Product Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Defective Drugs
- Truck Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
Finding legal representation as soon as possible is important if you want to win a wrongful death case. The Dixon Injury Firm’s Worden, IL, wrongful death lawyers have won over $35 Million in settlements. Learn more about the Dixon Injury Firm’s wrongful death attorneys here.
A wrongful death claim can be used for funeral expenses, loss of companionship, support, counseling, and other damages. An overlooked damage includes loss of wages that may be equal to a certain percent of a state’s minimum wage.
Medical malpractice wrongful death is particularly challenging. We will look into whether or not a physician had the right experience, if any decisions were ill-advised, and if the treatment facility was negligent in any way. Unintentional death at the workplace is another major concern for our Worden, IL, wrongful death attorneys. Often, work-related fatalities can be attributed to safety cutbacks and other hazards. Parents, siblings, nieces and nephews, spouses, children, and other family members may be eligible to file a wrongful death claim. Contact the Worden, IL, wrongful death attorneys now to learn more about our capabilities.
Damages for Wrongful Death Claims in Worden, IL
You can claim both general and special damages for wrongful death in most states. In regard to economic damages, the average is to multiply any financial compensation (from hospital fees, burial costs, etc.) by 4 or 5. It’s important for survivors to not rush insurers or negligent parties with a demand letter. Our Worden, IL, wrongful death attorneys have experience dealing with insurers and can help you send a demand letter that clearly outlines the claim.
There are a few common things to consider in any wrongful death case in order to prove negligence:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you’re supposed to yield at yield signs and deliver quality medical care.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign and killing a pedestrian.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a person’s breach of duty of care actually caused you (the survivor) harm. If you’re in an accident, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: The concept behind compensation or punitive damages hinges on the fact that you’ve been affected financially. This includes medical expenses, lost time from work, funeral expenses, pain and suffering, and other damages.
There are lots of factors to consider, such as property damage, lost wages, loss of companionship, and any physical and mental distress felt by the victim before their death. View our wrongful death FAQs to learn more about the claims process. Below, you can find some of the questions and answers for these types of cases:
. The easiest answer is to contact a wrongful death attorney in Worden, IL, right away for support and legal representation.
THe Dixon Injury Firm offers a range of legal counsel for clients in the Worden area. These include the following practice areas:
View some of our firm’s results and recent cases and testimonials to learn more. A death in the family can cause financial difficulties for surviving family members, and it is our goal to help those families get the compensation they deserve.
Contact Wrongful Death Attorneys in Worden, IL, Now
There’s a lot that goes into every claim, and as Worden, IL, wrongful death attorneys, it’s our duty to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed. Our firm has your back. Reach out to our Worden, IL, wrongful death lawyers now to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.