Wrongful Death Lawyer Marion, IL
Christopher R. Dixon and the dedicated and professional Wrongful Death Lawyers of the Dixon Injury Firm are prepared and ready to fight on behalf of your family to ensure that your loved one’s wrongful death claim is taken seriously and zealously.
If your family member died because of the reckless actions of another, taking the correct steps after the traumatic and life changing accident can be hard, especially when considering the legal hurdles of a wrongful death claim. If you need to pursue a wrongful death claim in Marion, call or contact the Dixon Injury Firm now.
Wrongful Death Lawyer Marion, IL
Wrongful Death Cases are serious and traumatic cases that need to be handled by experienced and compassionate lawyers. The Marion Wrongful Death Lawyers of the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to ensuring that Marion residents who have been affected by wrongful death claims are fully cared for. Here are several points of information regarding wrongful death claims in Marion:
- Who can File a Wrongful Death Claim in Marion? – The individuals given preference in a wrongful death claim are direct family members which includes children, husband/wives, parents, grandchildren, etc
- What can be recovered in a Marion Wrongful Death Claim? – Any funeral or burial costs, any pain and suffering previous to their death, any loss of companionship, consortium, guidance or training, any loss of wages, and much more can all be recovered in a Marion wrongful death claim.
- What are the Statute of Limitations in a Wrongful Death Claim in Marion? – Missouri Law states that a wrongful death claim must be brought within three years of the passing of the individual.
- What Types of Wrongful Death Cases do we pursue? – Our Wrongful Death Lawyers in Marion aggressively pursue all types of wrongful death.
- How much can my Family be awarded for our Wrongful Death Claim in Marion? – Awards in wrongful death claims are dictated by the amount of responsibility your loved one had in the accident, their employment at the time, and other critical factors.
- How can my family file a Wrongful Death Claim in Marion? – The most efficient and responsible way to file a wrongful death claim is to rely on the expertise and judgment of an experienced wrongful death lawyer in Marion. The Dixon Injury Firm can guide you and your family through your claim.
To begin your family’s wrongful death claim, you need to speak with the Marion wrongful death lawyers of the Dixon Injury Firm immediately. The evidence critical to your family members case needs to be collected immediately to ensure evidence is not lost. If you want to ensure that your family’s claim is taken seriously and professionally, hire a Wrongful Death Attorney in Marion to fight for your rights. Christopher R. Dixon and the Dixon Injury Firm are prepared to hold the responsible parties liable to the fullest extent of the law for your loved one’s passing. Call or Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now.
What Constitutes a Wrongful Death Claim? – Marion, IL Wrongful Death Attorneys
A wrongful death is any accident or act that causes the death of an individual where if they had lived, they would be able to pursue a case against those liable for damages resulting to their person.
What Types of Wrongful Death Claims in Marion do We pursue?
The Marion Wrongful Death Lawyers of the Dixon Injury Firm pursue all types, claims, and cases of Wrongful Death. Here are several that our Wrongful Death Attorneys in Marion have experience in:
- Car Accident Deaths – Car Accidents that result in fatalities can be pursued as wrongful death claims. With car accidents, a level of negligence is almost always responsible for the accident and this can be used to substantiate your loved one’s claim. The most common causes of wrongful death car accident claims are speeding, drinking and driving, texting and driving, head-on-collisions, and t-bone collisions. If your family has been affected by a wrongful death accident, speak with our Wrongful Death Lawyers in Marion now. Here is more information concerning Car Accidents.
- Truck Accident Deaths – Truck Wrecks commonly cause catastrophic and fatal injuries. Because of the amount of force involved in the accident, smaller cars and trucks are often completely destroyed by the larger tractor trailers. A wrongful death claimed can be pursued against both the driver of the truck, and the company that employs them. To begin your wrongful death claim in Marion, speak with our wrongful death attorneys in Marion now. Here is more information concerning Truck Accidents.
- Medical Malpractice Deaths – Medical Malpractice cases that result in death are rare, but they do happen. When a doctor or health professional makes a mistake in your loved one’s care, and that mistake results in their death, you can pursue a case against the doctor. The case will rely on whether or not the doctor had the correct expertise in the care they were giving, if another health physicians would have prescribed a different treatment, or if the doctor knowingly acted negligently during your loved one’s care. For more information about medical malpractice wrongful death claims, speak with our Marion wrongful death attorneys now. Here is more information concerning Medical Malpractice.
- Work Related Deaths – Negligence always plays a large part of work-related deaths, and according to the Missouri Department of Labor, work related deaths are on the rise. Businesses will often try to cut safety costs to reduce overhead, and will require that workers continue working in the hazardous and dangerous environments. If your loved one passed because of the negligence of a business, your family has rights and can pursue the company for the lost life of your loved one, their wages, and future wages lost because of their passing. Here is more information concerning Work Related Accidents.
- Personal Injury Deaths – Carelessness and negligence are often the main causes of these types of wrongful death claims. In these types of cases, determining who is at fault determines how much the surviving family can be awarded. This is known as pure comparative fault. If you want your loved one’s wrongful death claim to be taken seriously and professionally, the Wrongful Death Lawyers of The Dixon Injury Firm are prepared to fight on your behalf. Here is more information concerning Personal Injury Claims.
- Dog Attack Deaths – Canine attacks always leave scars, and often, if the animal is aggressive and dangerous enough, they can kill, and if your loved one passed after being attacked by a dog, you need to speak with our Marion Wrongful Death Lawyers immediately. Dog owners are supposed to control and confine their animals. If the death of your loved one was caused by a dog, and the owner didn’t properly care for or contain their animal, you can and should pursue a wrongful death claim against the pet owner. Speak with our Wrongful Death Lawyers in Marion now. Here is more information concerning Dog Attacks.
If carelessness or negligent acts caused the death of your loved one, our Marion Wrongful Death Attorneys are willing and ready to fight for your family. Your family’s wrongful death claim needs to be taken care, and to ensure that it is, speak with our Wrongful Death Lawyers in Marion now.
Wrongful Death Lawyer Marion, IL – Wrongful Death Settlements
Your family is now needlessly suffering because of an accident that could have been avoided. Without their support, your family is now struggling financially, whether its to pay debts, keep your vehicles working, make sure there is food on the table, or other things that have to be bought and paid for, your family is struggling where before they were fine. Christopher R. Dixon and the Wrongful Death Attorneys of the Dixon Injury Firm know how difficult things are for your family at this time, and are prepared to fight aggressively on your behalf.
Missouri Statute 537.090. details what can be recovered in a wrongful death claim, by who, and how much. Here are several facts that our Wrongful Death Lawyers in Marion commonly make aware to those pursuing a wrongful death claim in Marion:
- Wrongful Death Claims in Marion can recover several different types of losses, whether they be financial, emotional, physical, or include other factors that have caused your family harm and distress.
- If your family member was relied upon for the care of another, and they worked at least part-time providing that care, then you can recover the cost of the care at a rate of 110% of the state’s average weekly wage.
- If your loved one was a minor, and both parents were working, then an amount equal to the average of their incomes can be recovered, or the income of a single parent if the parent was raising and caring for the child alone.
- A wrongful death settlement is for the use of and benefit of those who are entitled to sue, and therefore a hospital lien cannot be attached to it.
For more information regarding Wrongful Death Claims in Marion, or to speak with our knowledgeable and experienced Wrongful Death Lawyers in Marion, call or contact the Dixon Injury Firm immediately. The longer you wait to file your loved one’s wrongful death claim, the harder it will be to secure a strong financial settlement for your family.
Wrongful Death Attorney Marion, IL
Fighting for your Family’s rights and Recoveries
Your loved one’s wrongful death case in Marion needs to be handled by an experienced and aggressive wrongful death lawyer. Christopher R. Dixon and the Wrongful Death Attorneys of the Dixon Injury Firm are prepared to fight for your family’s rights and recoveries using Missouri Statutes and laws, and that your loved one’s death will not go unpunished and will be pursued to the maximum limits of the law. When you are ready to pursue your loved one’s wrongful death claim, and ensure that your family is provided for, call or contact the Marion Wrongful Death Lawyers of Dixon Law.
Types of Marion, IL, Injury Law: