Wrongful Death Lawyer Mount Vernon, IL
Wrongful Death Claims in Mount Vernon need to be taken seriously. Christopher R. Dixon and the Mount Vernon Wrongful Death Lawyers of the Dixon Injury Firm are ready to fight on your family’s behalf to ensure that your loved one’s wrongful death claim is taken care of and that your family is provided for.
If your loved one passed and their passing was caused by a negligent and dangerous act, it can be difficult to come to terms with the accident and the wrongful death claim that will need to be pursued. If you need to pursue a wrongful death claim in Mount Vernon, call or contact the Dixon Injury Firm now.
Wrongful Death Lawyer Mount Vernon, IL
The Mount Vernon Wrongful Death Lawyers of Dixon Law are dedicated to assisting the families of loved ones who have passed because of accidents and the negligent acts that caused their deaths. Here are several points of information regarding wrongful death claims in Mount Vernon:
- Who can File a Wrongful Death Claim in Mount Vernon? – The first class of people given legal preference in a wrongful death claim have to have relations to the deceased, such as spouses, children, parents, grandchildren, etc.
- What can be recovered in a Mount Vernon Wrongful Death Claim? – Loss of companionship, any hospital or medical bills incurred, any funeral or burial costs required for the proper burial, any loss of wages, and much more can all be recovered in a Mount Vernon wrongful death claim.
- What are the Statute of Limitations in a Wrongful Death Claim in Mount Vernon? – Wrongful Death Cases must be filed within 3 years of the date of death of the individual the case will be brought on behalf of, according to Missouri Laws and Statutes.
- What Types of Wrongful Death Cases do we pursue? – Truck Accidents, Car Accidents, Work Accidents, Construction Accidents, Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury Accidents and any other type of accident that caused the wrongful death of a loved one.
- How much can my Family be awarded for our Wrongful Death Claim in Mount Vernon? – Awards in wrongful death claims are determined by whether or not they were employed at the time, their level or responsibility in the accident, and any pain or suffering incurred before their death.
- How can my family file a Wrongful Death Claim in Mount Vernon? – The most efficient and responsible way to file a wrongful death claim is to rely on the expertise and judgment of an experienced wrongful death lawyer in Mount Vernon. The Dixon Injury Firm can guide you and your family through your claim.
To begin your family’s wrongful death claim, you need to speak with the Mount Vernon wrongful death lawyers of the Dixon Injury Firm immediately. The evidence needed to protect your family’s claim needs to be gathered and protected immediately. To ensure that your family’s claim is protected, hire a Wrongful Death Attorney in Mount Vernon to fight for your rights. Christopher R. Dixon and the Dixon Injury Firm are prepared to hold the responsible parties liable to the fullest extent of the law for your loved one’s passing. Call or Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now.
What Constitutes a Wrongful Death Claim? – Mount Vernon, IL Wrongful Death Attorneys
A wrongful death is any accident or act that causes the death of an individual where if they had lived, they would be able to pursue a case against those liable for damages resulting to their person.
What Types of Wrongful Death Claims in Mount Vernon do We pursue?
The Mount Vernon Wrongful Death Lawyers of the Dixon Injury Firm pursue all types, claims, and cases of Wrongful Death. Here are several that our Wrongful Death Attorneys in Mount Vernon have experience in:
- Car Accident Deaths – Car Accident often result in fatalities, and these deaths can be pursued as wrongful death claims. Negligent actions and car accidents often go hand in hand. The most common causes of wrongful death car accident claims are speeding, drinking and driving, texting and driving, head-on-collisions, and t-bone collisions. Your family needs legal guidance during this trying time, reach out to our Wrongful Death Lawyers in Mount Vernon now. Here is more information concerning Car Accidents.
- Truck Accident Deaths – Trucks Wrecks are a leading cause of wrongful death claims. Cars and personal trucks often don’t survive accidents with 18-wheelers as the amount of force involved in these accidents is tremendous. You and your loved ones can pursue a wrongful death claim against both the company the driver works for, and the driver himself. To begin your wrongful death claim in Mount Vernon, speak with our wrongful death attorneys in Mount Vernon now. Here is more information concerning Truck Accidents.
- Medical Malpractice Deaths – Death’s that result from negligent medical care should always be pursued with a wrongful death claim. Any medical mistake that results in your loved ones passing can be grounds for a wrongful death claim. The case will center on if the doctor had expertise or training in the area, if another doctor would have given a different treatment, or if the doctor knowingly acted negligently during your loved one’s care. For more information about medical malpractice wrongful death claims, speak with our Mount Vernon wrongful death attorneys now. Here is more information concerning Medical Malpractice.
- Work Related Deaths – Work related deaths are always negligent related, and according to the Missouri Department of Labor, work related deaths are on the rise. Scaling back safety procedures is a negligent way businesses cut costs, and will force workers to work in these unsafe conditions. If your loved one passed because of the negligence of a business, your family has rights and can pursue the company for the lost life of your loved one, their wages, and future wages lost because of their passing. Here is more information concerning Work Related Accidents.
- Personal Injury Deaths – Carelessness and negligence are often the main causes of these types of wrongful death claims. In these types of cases, determining who is at fault determines how much the surviving family can be awarded. This is known as pure comparative fault. If you want your loved one’s wrongful death claim to be taken seriously and professionally, the Wrongful Death Lawyers of The Dixon Injury Firm are prepared to fight on your behalf. Here is more information concerning Personal Injury Claims.
- Dog Attack Deaths – If an aggressive and dangerous dog was responsible for your loved one’s passing, you need to speak with our Mount Vernon Wrongful Death Lawyers immediately. Every pet owner should properly train and confine their animals. If the death of your loved one was caused by a dog, and the owner didn’t properly care for or contain their animal, you can and should pursue a wrongful death claim against the pet owner. Speak with our Wrongful Death Lawyers in Mount Vernon now. Here is more information concerning Dog Attacks.
If your loved one died due to circumstances that were negligent and careless, our Mount Vernon Wrongful Death Attorneys are willing and ready to fight for your family. Wrongful death claims in Mount Vernon need to be fully cared for, and if your family needs assistance during this trying time, speak with our Wrongful Death Lawyers in Mount Vernon now.
Wrongful Death Lawyer Mount Vernon, IL – Wrongful Death Settlements
Your loved one’s death has been a traumatic and emotional event for your family. Your family is struggling to manage finances without your loved one’s help, whether its bills, pay for gas, manage groceries, or other costs that have to be covered, your family needs help. Christopher R. Dixon and the Wrongful Death Attorneys of the Dixon Injury Firm know how difficult things are for your family at this time, and are prepared to fight aggressively on your behalf.
Missouri Statute 537.090. details what can be recovered in a wrongful death claim, by who, and how much. Here are several facts that our Wrongful Death Lawyers in Mount Vernon commonly make aware to those pursuing a wrongful death claim in Mount Vernon:
- Wrongful Death Claims in Mount Vernon are commonly used to recover financial losses, loss of companionship/consortium, loss of parental assistance, loss of guidance and counsel, any emotional trauma that may have been endured, and any other types of losses that Mount Vernon families may be affected by.
- If your loved one was a caretaker of another, and their employment was at least half-time to be able to care for that individual, then you can recover the cost of the care at a rate of 110% of the state’s average weekly wage.
- If your family member was a minor, then the amount that can be recovered will be based on the average income of both parents if they are working, or the income of a single parent if the parent was raising and caring for the child alone.
- A wrongful death award cannot be garnished by a hospital lean, as the settlement is intended for the use and benefit of the survivors.
For more information regarding Wrongful Death Claims in Mount Vernon, or to speak with our knowledgeable and experienced Wrongful Death Lawyers in Mount Vernon, call or contact the Dixon Injury Firm immediately. The longer you wait to file your loved one’s wrongful death claim, the harder it will be to secure a strong financial settlement for your family.
Wrongful Death Attorney Mount Vernon, IL
Fighting for your Family’s rights and Recoveries
Your family’s wrongful death claim in Mount Vernon requires the assistance of a knowledgeable, experienced, and dedicated wrongful death lawyer. The Dixon Injury Firm’s Mount Vernon Wrongful Death Lawyers fully understand Missouri Statutes and Laws regarding wrongful death, and are committed to ensuring that your family is fully provided for, and that we will use these statutes and laws to their fullest limits to make sure that those who are responsible for your loved one’s death are held accountable. When you are ready to pursue your loved one’s wrongful death claim, and ensure that your family is provided for, call or contact the Mount Vernon Wrongful Death Lawyers of Dixon Law.
Types of Mount Vernon, IL, Injury Law: