Wrongful Death Lawyer Salem, IL
The Salem Wrongful Death Lawyers of the Dixon Injury Firm fight for the rights and recoveries of Salem families who have been affected by the loss of a loved one due to wrongful death. If your family member suffered and passed because of the dangerous acts of another, taking the correct steps after the traumatic and life changing accident can be hard, especially when considering the legal hurdles of a wrongful death claim. If you need to pursue a wrongful death claim in Salem, call or contact the Dixon Injury Firm now.
Wrongful Death Lawyer Salem, IL
Wrongful Death Cases are serious and traumatic cases that need to be handled by experienced and compassionate lawyers. The Salem Wrongful Death Lawyers of the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to ensuring that Salem residents who have been affected by wrongful death claims are fully cared for. Here are several points of information regarding wrongful death claims in Salem:
- Who can File a Wrongful Death Claim in Salem? – The first class of people given legal preference in a wrongful death claim on behalf on the person who died are the descendants (spouse, children, lineal descendants, parents)
- What can be recovered in a Salem Wrongful Death Claim? – Medical Bills incurred before death, any pain or suffering incurred before death, funeral and burial expenses, and the reasonable value of services, support and consortium can all be recovered in a Salem wrongful death claim.
- What are the Statute of Limitations in a Wrongful Death Claim in Salem? – Missouri Law states that a wrongful death claim must be brought within three years of the passing of the individual.
- What Types of Wrongful Death Cases do we pursue? – Truck Accidents, Car Accidents, Work Accidents, Construction Accidents, Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury Accidents and any other type of accident that caused the wrongful death of a loved one.
- How much can my Family be awarded for our Wrongful Death Claim in Salem? – Awards in wrongful death claims are dictated by the amount of responsibility your loved one had in the accident, their employment at the time, and other critical factors.
- How can my family file a Wrongful Death Claim in Salem? – The most efficient and responsible way to file a wrongful death claim is to rely on the expertise and judgment of an experienced wrongful death lawyer in Salem. The Dixon Injury Firm can guide you and your family through your claim.
To begin your family’s wrongful death claim, you need to speak with the Salem wrongful death lawyers of the Dixon Injury Firm immediately. Our Lawyers need to begin evidence collection immediately to substantiate your family’s claim. If you want to ensure that your family’s claim is taken seriously and professionally, hire a Wrongful Death Attorney in Salem to fight for your rights. Christopher R. Dixon and the Dixon Injury Firm are prepared to hold the responsible parties liable to the fullest extent of the law for your loved one’s passing. Call or Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now.
What Constitutes a Wrongful Death Claim? – Salem, IL Wrongful Death Attorneys
A wrongful death is any accident or act that causes the death of an individual where if they had lived, they would be able to pursue a case against those liable for damages resulting to their person.
What Types of Wrongful Death Claims in Salem do We pursue?
The Salem Wrongful Death Lawyers of the Dixon Injury Firm pursue all types, claims, and cases of Wrongful Death. Here are several that our Wrongful Death Attorneys in Salem have experience in:
- Car Accident Deaths – Car Wrecks can be leading cause of deaths. Negligent actions and car accidents often go hand in hand. The most common causes of wrongful death car accident claims are speeding, drinking and driving, texting and driving, head-on-collisions, and t-bone collisions. If your family has been affected by a wrongful death accident, speak with our Wrongful Death Lawyers in Salem now. Here is more information concerning Car Accidents.
- Truck Accident Deaths – Trucks Wrecks are a leading cause of wrongful death claims. The amount of force involved in these accidents is tremendous, and even though modern cars use safer technology they often don’t survive accidents with tractor trailers. A wrongful death claimed can be pursued against both the driver of the truck, and the company that employs them. To begin your wrongful death claim in Salem, speak with our wrongful death attorneys in Salem now. Here is more information concerning Truck Accidents.
- Medical Malpractice Deaths – Negligent or careless medical care can often result in serious injuries or even death. Doctors and health professionals can be held liable for mistakes that result in your loved ones death if they made their medical decisions negligently and dangerously. The claim will draw from whether the doctor had the knowledge to provide medical care in that field, if another physician would have recommended a different path or medicine, or if the doctor knowingly acted negligently during your loved one’s care. For more information about medical malpractice wrongful death claims, speak with our Salem wrongful death attorneys now. Here is more information concerning Medical Malpractice.
- Work Related Deaths – Work related deaths are always negligent related, and according to the Missouri Department of Labor, work related deaths are on the rise. To cut costs and increase productivity, businesses will often scale back safety requirements or safety features, and will still require that workers complete their tasks without their required safety features or equipment. If your loved one passed because of the negligence of a business, your family has rights and can pursue the company for the lost life of your loved one, their wages, and future wages lost because of their passing. Here is more information concerning Work Related Accidents.
- Personal Injury Deaths – Carelessness and negligence are often the main causes of these types of wrongful death claims. The amount of award that your family can expect is directly tied to the level of responsibility your loved one had in the accident. This is known as pure comparative fault. During this trying and difficult time, your family’s needs need to be put first, the Wrongful Death Lawyers of The Dixon Injury Firm are prepared to fight on your behalf. Here is more information concerning Personal Injury Claims.
- Dog Attack Deaths – If an aggressive and dangerous dog was responsible for your loved one’s passing, you need to speak with our Salem Wrongful Death Lawyers immediately. Dog owners should be able to control their animals, and have their pets properly trained. If a dog attack caused the death of your loved one, and the pet owner acted carelessly in their housing or control of the animal, you can and should pursue a wrongful death claim against the pet owner. Speak with our Wrongful Death Lawyers in Salem now. Here is more information concerning Dog Attacks.
If negligence was involved in your loved one’s passing, our Salem Wrongful Death Attorneys are willing and ready to fight for your family. To ensure that your wrongful death case is fully protected, speak with our Wrongful Death Lawyers in Salem now.
Wrongful Death Lawyer Salem, IL – Wrongful Death Settlements
The loss of your loved one has put an emotional and financial strain on your family. Your family has now been placed in a tough situation financially, and are now struggling to manage bills, manage groceries, keep gas in the car, or pay for other critical costs, your family is now struggling to stay afloat. Christopher R. Dixon and the Wrongful Death Attorneys of the Dixon Injury Firm understand the hardships that your family is going through, and are prepared to ensure that you and your loved one’s are fully taken care of.
Missouri Statute 537.090. details what can be recovered in a wrongful death claim, by who, and how much. Here are several facts that our Wrongful Death Lawyers in Salem commonly make aware to those pursuing a wrongful death claim in Salem:
- Wrongful Death Claims in Salem can recover several different types of losses, whether they be financial, emotional, physical, or include other factors that have caused your family harm and distress.
- If your family member was relied upon for the care of another, and they worked at least part-time providing that care, then you can recover the cost of the care at a rate of 110% of the state’s average weekly wage.
- If your family member was a minor, then the amount that can be recovered will be based on the average income of both parents if they are working, or the income of a single parent if the parent was raising and caring for the child alone.
- A wrongful death settlement is for the use of and benefit of those who are entitled to sue, and therefore a hospital lien cannot be attached to it.
For more information regarding Wrongful Death Claims in Salem, or to speak with our knowledgeable and experienced Wrongful Death Lawyers in Salem, call or contact the Dixon Injury Firm immediately. Your family’s financial and emotional health requires the timely filing of your loved one’s wrongful death claim, and the sooner this is completed the sooner our lawyers can secure critical evidence for the case.
Wrongful Death Attorney Salem, IL
Fighting for your Family’s rights and Recoveries
Your loved one’s wrongful death case in Salem needs to be handled by an experienced and aggressive wrongful death lawyer. Christopher R. Dixon and the Dixon Injury Firm have the crucial experience and knowledge of Missouri Statutes that is required to ensure that you and your loved ones are fully taken care of, and that we will use these statutes and laws to their fullest limits to make sure that those who are responsible for your loved one’s death are held accountable. When you are ready to pursue your loved one’s wrongful death claim, and ensure that your family is provided for, call or contact the Salem Wrongful Death Lawyers of Dixon Law.