Wrongful Death Lawyer Waterloo, IL
Christopher R. Dixon and the Wrongful Death Lawyers of the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to providing Waterloo residents with compassionate and comprehensive wrongful death legal guidance. When a loved one has passed and negligence was the cause of their death, taking the correct steps after the traumatic and life changing accident can be hard, especially when considering the legal hurdles of a wrongful death claim. If you need to pursue a wrongful death claim in Waterloo, call or contact the Dixon Injury Firm now.
Wrongful Death Lawyer Waterloo, IL
Dedication and Professionalism matter in wrongful death claims, and the Waterloo Wrongful Death Lawyers of the Dixon Injury Firm have set themselves apart for successfully defending and fighting for the rights of Waterloo citizens who have suffered because of the loss of a loved one due to wrongful death. Here are several points of information regarding wrongful death claims in Waterloo:
- Who can File a Wrongful Death Claim in Waterloo? – The first class of people given legal preference in a wrongful death claim are the spouses, children, parents, grandchildren, etc
- What can be recovered in a Waterloo Wrongful Death Claim? – Lost Wages, lost companionship, lost counsel, medical bills, health bills, pain and suffering, loss of parenting, funeral expenses, burial expenses, and more can all be recovered in a Waterloo wrongful death claim.
- What are the Statute of Limitations in a Wrongful Death Claim in Waterloo? – Missouri Law limits the time in which a wrongful death claim may be filed to three years from the date of death.
- What Types of Wrongful Death Cases do we pursue? – We aggressively pursue all types of wrongful death claims regardless of the field or industry the death occurred in.
- How much can my Family be awarded for our Wrongful Death Claim in Waterloo? – Awards in wrongful death claims are determined by whether or not they were employed at the time, their level or responsibility in the accident, and any pain or suffering incurred before their death.
- How can my family file a Wrongful Death Claim in Waterloo? – The most efficient and responsible way to file a wrongful death claim is to rely on the expertise and judgment of an experienced wrongful death lawyer in Waterloo. The Dixon Injury Firm can guide you and your family through your claim.
To begin your family’s wrongful death claim, you need to speak with the Waterloo wrongful death lawyers of the Dixon Injury Firm immediately. The evidence needed to protect your family’s claim needs to be gathered and protected immediately. If you need to protect your family’s wrongful death claim, choose an experienced Wrongful Death Attorney in Waterloo to fight for your rights. Christopher R. Dixon and the Dixon Injury Firm are prepared to hold the responsible parties liable to the fullest extent of the law for your loved one’s passing. Call or Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now.
What Constitutes a Wrongful Death Claim? – Waterloo, IL Wrongful Death Attorneys
A wrongful death is any accident or act that causes the death of an individual where if they had lived, they would be able to pursue a case against those liable for damages resulting to their person.
What Types of Wrongful Death Claims in Waterloo do We pursue?
The Waterloo Wrongful Death Lawyers of the Dixon Injury Firm pursue all types, claims, and cases of Wrongful Death. Here are several that our Wrongful Death Attorneys in Waterloo have experience in:
- Car Accident Deaths – Wrongful Death Claims can be pursued because of car accidents. Negligent actions and car accidents often go hand in hand. The most common causes of wrongful death car accident claims are speeding, drinking and driving, texting and driving, head-on-collisions, and t-bone collisions. Your family needs legal guidance during this trying time, reach out to our Wrongful Death Lawyers in Waterloo now. Here is more information concerning Car Accidents.
- Truck Accident Deaths – Truck Wrecks commonly cause catastrophic and fatal injuries. The amount of force involved in these accidents is tremendous, and even though modern cars use safer technology they often don’t survive accidents with tractor trailers. If your loved one passed in an accident caused by a negligent truck driver, you can pursue a wrongful death claim against the driver and the company the driver works for. To begin your wrongful death claim in Waterloo, speak with our wrongful death attorneys in Waterloo now. Here is more information concerning Truck Accidents.
- Medical Malpractice Deaths – The last thing that most families expect when receiving medical care is for a loved one to pass because of inadequate care. Doctors and health professionals can be held liable for mistakes that result in your loved ones death if they made their medical decisions negligently and dangerously. The case will rely on the doctors knowledge of medicine in that area and if they should have prescribed the treatment they did, if another doctor would have given a different treatment, or if the doctor knowingly acted negligently during your loved one’s care. For more information about medical malpractice wrongful death claims, speak with our Waterloo wrongful death attorneys now. Here is more information concerning Medical Malpractice.
- Work Related Deaths – Work related deaths are always negligent related, and according to the Missouri Department of Labor, work related deaths are on the rise. Scaling back safety procedures is a negligent way businesses cut costs, and will coerce workers into performing tasks that are not safe to keep their jobs. If your loved one passed because of the negligence of a business, your family has rights and can pursue the company for the lost life of your loved one, their wages, and future wages lost because of their passing. Here is more information concerning Work Related Accidents.
- Personal Injury Deaths – These types of cases are often caused by accidents that could have been avoided if not for negligence or carelessness. Fault and responsibility for the accident are the main determiners of how much can be recovered in the case. This is known as pure comparative fault. To ensure that your family is protected and that you receive the maximum amount for your loved one’s passing, the Wrongful Death Lawyers of The Dixon Injury Firm are prepared to fight on your behalf. Here is more information concerning Personal Injury Claims.
- Dog Attack Deaths – If your loved one has passed due to injuries suffered from a dog attack, you need to speak with our Waterloo Wrongful Death Lawyers immediately. Every pet owner should properly train and confine their animals. If the death of your loved one was caused by a dog, and the pet owner was incredibly negligent in their housing of the animal, or control of it, you can and should pursue a wrongful death claim against the pet owner. Speak with our Wrongful Death Lawyers in Waterloo now. Here is more information concerning Dog Attacks.
If carelessness or negligent acts caused the death of your loved one, our Waterloo Wrongful Death Attorneys are willing and ready to fight for your family. Your family’s wrongful death claim needs to be taken care, and to ensure that it is, speak with our Wrongful Death Lawyers in Waterloo now.
Wrongful Death Lawyer Waterloo, IL – Wrongful Death Settlements
Your loved one’s death has been a traumatic and emotional event for your family. Your family is struggling to manage finances without your loved one’s help, whether its bills, pay for gas, manage groceries, or other costs that have to be covered, your family needs help. Christopher R. Dixon and the Wrongful Death Attorneys of the Dixon Injury Firm understand the hardships that your family is going through, and are prepared to ensure that you and your loved one’s are fully taken care of.
Missouri Statute 537.090. details what can be recovered in a wrongful death claim, by who, and how much. Here are several facts that our Wrongful Death Lawyers in Waterloo commonly make aware to those pursuing a wrongful death claim in Waterloo:
- Wrongful Death Claims can be used to recover the costs of funeral expenses, the reasonable value of services, consortium, companionship, comfort, instruction, guidance, counsel, training, and support, any damages or costs accrued before the death of your loved one, and any losses sustained because of the death of your loved that would not have been sustained had they lived.
- If your loved one was responsible for the care of another, and worked at least half-time to be able to care for that individual, then you can recover the cost of the care at a rate of 110% of the state’s average weekly wage.
- If your loved one was under 18, then you can recover an award that is based on the averaged income of both parents, or the income of a single parent if the parent was raising and caring for the child alone.
- A wrongful death settlement is for the use of and benefit of those who are entitled to sue, and therefore a hospital lien cannot be attached to it.
For more information regarding Wrongful Death Claims in Waterloo, or to speak with our knowledgeable and experienced Wrongful Death Lawyers in Waterloo, call or contact the Dixon Injury Firm immediately. Your loved one’s case may require that the case be filed immediately so that critical evidence can be gathered to secure the case.
Wrongful Death Attorney Waterloo, IL
Fighting for your Family’s rights and Recoveries
Your family’s wrongful death claim in Waterloo requires the assistance of a knowledgeable, experienced, and dedicated wrongful death lawyer. The Waterloo Wrongful Death Lawyers of the Dixon Injury Firm are prepared to use Missouri Laws and Wrongful Death Statutes to ensure that your loved one’s claim is fully pursued, and that those responsible for the death of your loved one are held fully accountable. When you are ready to pursue your loved one’s wrongful death claim, and ensure that your family is provided for, call or contact the Waterloo Wrongful Death Lawyers of Dixon Law.